Please just glance over and review.
I do not intend to overwhelm you with a bunch of useless info.
- The three layers of your quilt will be loaded on the machine independently of one another. Please do not pin or baste the layers together.
- The batting and backing should measure at least 6-8inches longer and 6-8 inches wider than your quilt top. For example, if your quilt measures 70" x 90", the batting and backing should measure a minimal of 76" x 96". Note: This means is 3" on top, 3" on bottom, 3" on each side--6" total--so save your fabric expense. This is needed for pinning to the canvases at the top and bottom AND to allow room for the clamps on the sides that hold the backing in place under the quilt top and batting.
- Measure your quilt across the top, bottom and center. All measurements must be the same to ensure puckers do not occur in the quilting process. If they are not exact I will average the measure of the left, right and center edges and relieve many of the tucks, pleats or fullness as possible.
- If your Quilt does not have an outside border, we recommend that you stay stitch slightly less than ¼” around the edge of your entire quilt to ensure the seams do not stretch or pull apart. This stitching will be hidden once your binding is on.
- Identify the top of your quilt and top of the backing fabric with a safety pin with a penciled note attached.
- Press seams well with seams open or to one side. You will be charged an additional $20 if the quilt top or backing needs pressing.
- Quilt top should be trimmed down to the final finished size. We will not cut or trim your quilt top unless we are putting on the binding or a hanging sleeve.
- The top should be free of embellishments such as buttons, charms, sequins, couching, beads, crystals and other embellishments from your Quilt top. A charge of $20 will be incurred if these have not been removed.
- Clip all loose threads and be sure the seams have been pressed. Trim all loose threads on the top and the underside of your quilt. A charge of $20 will be incurred if threads are not trimmed.
All excess will be returned to you. Batting should be purchased from us to ensure quality results.
- If you send batting, check the package to be sure it is suitable for machine quilting. I do not stock a large batting inventory, but offer some of my favorites if you would like to purchase batting from me. Backing fabric must be at least 6” – 8” larger than Quilt top.
- Please trim off the selvage edges before seaming your backing. Sides should be straight, and the backing squared off. Your backing should have straight edges, with opposite edges parallel. Bed sheets are usually not suitable because of their high thread count.
- Be aware that it is not possible to center the top over the backing in both directions. A backing with a center monogram, or with a border, is likely to be "off" in the final product.
- Thread used on the back side will be matched as nearly as possible to the top thread.
- Please send one yard of fabric if you would like me to cut and apply binding. I will cut 2½ inch straight grain binding, apply by machine to the front, turn, and hand stitch on the back. Corners will be lapped.
FMI: Text or Call Carol @ 361-658-8991